12 May 2013

mother's day and the number fifteen

Today is Mother's Day. And as much as I want to, I can't be with my mom today. Somehow 1,300 miles is a little too far to walk in a day. So, I decided to celebrate my mom by dedicating this post to her.

I know everyone makes a big deal about how their mother is the best. But I don't think it has to be a competition. I think everyone has the best mother for them. I know that is definitely true for me. God gave me the mother that I have needed, am needing, and will need.

So, I thought I would share some of the reasons why I love my mom.


15 Reasons for Why My Mother Wins at Being My Mom
1. She taught me the meaning of not letting my education get in the way of my learning.
2. She showed me that music makes everything better.

3. She has stood in solidarity with me through many different medical sagas.
4. She gave me my quirky sense of humor that finds pink flamingos, duh-winning, and Funda Hundas hilarious.
5. She knows the importance of coffee, chocolate, and ice cream.
6. She gives me advice on everything yet shows confidence in my ability to make decisions.
7. She cooks delicious gluten-free food.
8. She taught me that the number of books to get from the library is limited only to the number you can carry.
9. She taught me that sometimes characters in movies and books can seem like real humans. (And sometimes you have to go visit your "friends".)
10. She has supported me when I said I wanted to pledge a sorority, transfer to a university 1,300 miles away, and go to a Broncos game while injured.
11. She sends a lot of care packages with things like chocolate vegetables and a birthday-party-in-a-box.
12. She covers me every day and night in prayer.
13. She has taught me that Jesus needs to be the center of my life.
14. She is not simply my mom but one of my best friends.
15. She loves me unconditionally.


I love you mom! I hope that one day I can be a mom like you!

Abba, thank you for mothers. Thank you for my mother. Thank you for showing me what unconditional love looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment