23 February 2010

midterms and grace

Have you ever had somebody offer you something that you were hoping for but yet you knew was nearly impossible? Yesterday, one of my professors (not one of my favorite ones) extended me grace when I knew I deserved waaaayy less then that. Since then I've been puzzling with it. Why? Why would he do that? Does he actually want students to do well in his class? And then I thought about how in a way it is similar to what Jesus did for us. He gave us grace so that we could "do well in his class of life" and get that "A," eternal life. Isn't it amazing at how God uses everyday situations to show us little glimpses of Him? Thank you Jesus for all the moments during the day that I see your awesomeness and thank you for giving each of us grace when we least deserve it. Help me to pay it forward to those that I interact with in my life. Give me the strength to extend grace to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment