25 November 2012

out of sorts and time away

Do you ever have one of those days where everything just feels out of sorts? Today was one of those days. Maybe it was because of the stress of knowing that finals are a week away. Or maybe it was guilt for not getting to church for the third week in a row. Or maybe it was a combination of things, I'm not going to stress out about why today was an out-of-sorts day. That would be a pointless exercise.

One of the best techniques I learned during my year from hell was to be still amidst the turmoil. Maybe that is what I need to do. Instead of predicting how well I need to do on my exams and projects, instead of planning out when to do each assignment, instead of freaking out because the day is basically over with nothing to show for it, instead of focusing on the out-of-sort-ness I am going to choose to be still, quiet, and let God romance me. He has a way of working out the kinks in everything.

May you take time to be still and let Love fight the kinks out.



“Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything.”    ~ Psalm 46:10(MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment